1.Prices stated in our brochure are inclusive of VAT. Prices are correct at time of going to print and are subject to change at the company’s discretion.
2.All bookings made through our online booking system are provisional until confirmed by Hermanus Holidays.
A binding contract between us will come into existence when we issue confirmation of booking.
3. You must pay the deposit fee stated in the brochure at the time of making your booking and the remaining balance must be paid 28 days before your arrival date. If you book within 4 weeks of the start of your holiday, you will be required to pay the full price of the holiday at the time of making your booking.
4. Your accommodation may be occupied from 3pm on the day of arrival until 9.30am on the day of departure and must be left in a clean and tidy condition. Whilst we endeavour to have the properties cleaned and ready for check in time. There may on occasion be delays particularly during busy periods such as summer time. All properties and public areas are thoroughly cleaned on a regular basis.
5. We kindly ask that guests complete the check in online. Only persons listed on the booking may occupy the accommodation allocated.
6.1. If you ask to make a booking for more than 2 people we may require you to provide evidence to our reasonable satisfaction that you are all couples or all members of the same family. If we are not satisfied by your response then we may cancel the booking. You will receive a refund in accordance with our refund policy, if applicable.
6.2. If you request a group booking (by which we mean a booking for more than one unit) or a single occupancy booking, you will only be able to this via telephone.
7 . Associated Bookings – You must tell us when making your booking if your stay is connected to any other booking on the park, for example if you have family or friends staying with us or you share a common purpose in visiting the park. If you fail to tell us of a connection then we may cancel the booking immediately and in the event that your holiday has already started before this information is disclosed to us, require you to leave the park.
8. All reservations must include a person of at least 18 years of age, we do not allow single sex bookings of more than 2 persons, unless prior to booking consent is given by Hermanus Leisure. Hermanus does not cater for stag/hen parties.
9. In order to maintain a safe and secure environment for you and your family, we may ask for identification on arrival. We do not knowingly allow anyone to use or visit Hermanus Leisure who is a convicted child sex offender, subject to the notification requirements of the Sexual Offences Act 2003, or subject to a Risk of Sexual Harm Order or Child Abduction Notice.
10.1 All bookings must have a separate lead name and address. When booking for friends and family, please have their names, full address including postcode and contact telephone number and car registration numbers, makes and models ready for each booking.
10.2 Please note that we do not currently have the facility to charge electric cars. You are not permitted to charge your car using the holiday home electricity. If you are found charging your car whilst on site you will be charged £50 per week of your stay.
11. You may change your dates and accommodation within the present year, no later than 4 weeks prior to arrival and may be subject to an amendment fee per booking. Subject to availability. All amendment requests must be sent to us in writing for our records.
12. It is essential that you check your booking confirmation form as any amendments to this may be charged for.
13. The number of persons allowed in all accommodation booked is restricted to the number of berths in the accommodation. Beds are not available in the lounge areas, and properties cannot exceed the berth limitation. If the number is exceeded, we may move those additional persons to another accommodation unit and will charge you or them the appropriate full charge for the additional accommodation from the date that your party arrived. Please note that travel cots are not permitted in the 2 Berth Deluxe Single Roundhouses due to their limited space. We do allow Moses Baskets for guests with small babies but families with children that require a travel cot will need to book a larger property.
14. We cannot guarantee that you will be allocated a specific unit of accommodation or that 2 or more units of accommodation booked will be located together. However, we will do all that we can to meet your needs.
15. The units of accommodation illustrated in the brochure are typical of the accommodation available however; the unit of accommodation allocated to you may differ slightly from those printed. There may be times when certain properties are unavailable to book for a length of time due to refurbishment. Please speak to a member of the team for more information.
16. All of our properties are fully equipped with cooking and domestic utensils. Adequate duvets and bed linen are provided however guests must provide their own towels and toiletries. *Towel packs are available as an extra*
17. With the exception of guide dogs, pets are only allowed when specifically booking a pet friendly property and must be mentioned at the time of making your booking. Pet fees apply. All dogs must be kept under control and remain on leads at all times with a responsible adult when around the grounds. No dogs listed on the Dangerous Dog Acts list or any half breeds of such dogs are not allowed. Dogs are not allowed in swimming pool or play area and are accepted in certain areas of the lounge. Owners are responsible for cleaning up any dog waste from their pets immediately. It must be collected and disposed of in a hygienic fashion. Guide dogs are accepted in all venues. All dogs must sleep in their own dog bed and we ask that you not to allow your dog onto the furniture or beds of our properties. We ask you to be responsible dog owners and only well behaved dogs will be allowed. Aggressive dogs or noise disturbance will not be tolerated. You will at all times be responsible for your dog and liable for any damage caused.
18. PLEASE NOTE: There are seals on the beach. Stay a good distance away and look out for seals in the dunes, giving them a wide berth at all times. Seals have a nasty bite. Keep dogs on a lead and keep to the marked viewing areas, respecting the fencing.
19. No ball games using hard or semi-hard balls may be played on the park.
20. The speed limit of 5mph within the Park must be observed at all times and bicycles must be ridden responsibly.
21. Please be mindful of your neighbours. Behaviour should not be excessive, noisy or disruptive especially at night. Offensive or illegal behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in the police being involved. We may ask you and/or any member of your party to leave immediately if your conduct results in police attendance or is considered by us to be inappropriate, likely to cause harm or impair the enjoyment, comfort or safety of anyone else. No refunds or compensation will be given in these circumstances and we reserve the right not accept any future bookings from you or any member of your party.
22. If you are suffering or have in the 14 days prior to your booking been suffering from any contagious or infectious disease which may be transmitted, you should inform us immediately. Your booking is on the understanding that the Coronavirus and/or similar contagious bugs which spread from person to person either directly or indirectly via surfaces can be present in the general population at large and can affect any public space, are beyond our control. Your holiday contract is issued on the understanding that the company operates as one such public space and therefore cannot be immune to the potential of Coronavirus and/or similar bugs circulating amongst the general population. Whilst we will do all we can to reduce such possibilities we cannot be considered negligent or accept liability for damages howsoever caused, including illness, loss of enjoyment or resulting costs, as a consequence of such public health risks that are introduced. If you or anyone in your household/party is suffering from Coronavirus symptoms and you need to rearrange your stay please contact us as soon as possible. In the event of a cancellation due to Coronavirus you will be offered the option to defer your booking to a future date within the same calendar year. We understand that this can be a last minute discovery, however we would appreciate your honesty in letting us know as soon as possible. If you test positive whilst you are staying on site with us, please notify us via telephone or email as soon as you can. Please refrain from coming into the main building unless it is completely necessary, to help us prevent the spread.
23. You are responsible for your children. An adult must accompany small children to the toilets. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times when using the swimming pool and play area. Adult means a person over 18 years of age. Management cannot accept liability for injury whilst using the swimming pool or play area.
24. Please use your accommodation and its contents with care and leave it in a clean and tidy condition on departure. We reserve the right to charge you for all breakages, including windows and any damage caused by you; a member of your party or any pets and these must be replaced or paid for prior to departure.
25. When you arrive at Hermanus please report to reception and inform our team member of your arrival. If you used a voucher at the time of booking, this must be produced upon arrival. We kindly ask that guests do not arrive before 3pm as we cannot guarantee an early check in or confirm which facilities will be available on site for you to use at the time of your arrival.
26. If you are likely to arrive after 8.00pm it is essential that you telephone the centre to make arrangements for obtaining keys. From 1st October to spring bank holiday weekend you must telephone if you are likely to arrive after 4.30pm. If guests are aware of a late arrival at the time of making your booking, please let us know so that we can make arrangements for you to collect your keys outside of reception’s opening hours.
27. A minimum stay of up to 7 nights may apply to certain properties during peak times such as summer and bank holidays. Outside of peak times, there is a minimum stay of 2 nights required.
28. Should you have any issues with your accommodation or otherwise during your holiday with us please notify our reception staff immediately so remedial action, if necessary, may be taken. Please note that we will NOT accept responsibility for any matter which you are aware of and do not bring to our attention during your holiday.
29. Notwithstanding any liability under the Occupiers Liability Act 1957, or otherwise, all cars, and/or vehicles of any description and their contents are permitted to enter the Park at their Owner’s risk and Hermanus Leisure accepts no responsibility for theft, damage or injury whilst on the Park unless this has been caused by our negligence. We recommend that you insure your personal effects, clothing and jewellery etc, in the normal way before coming on holiday. Although we endeavour to return any lost property, we cannot be held responsible for any items left behind.
30. FORCE MAJEURE – We cannot accept responsibility or pay compensation or refunds for any damage or inconvenience caused by Force Majeure including extreme weather conditions.
31. All properties and inside venues are non-smoking. If you smoke outdoors, please ensure all cigarettes are fully extinguished using the ashtrays provided. Should it be discovered during or after your stay that there is evidence of smoking inside the accommodation, we will charge the recovery costs to clean and prepare the accommodation for our incoming guests.
32. Hermanus Leisure reserves the right to relet any holiday where any monies due are more than 14 days in arrears, whereupon any monies paid by the guest over and above the non refundable deposit fee will not be refunded. Please make sure you have adequate holiday insurance cover should you need to cancel.
33. Wi-Fi access in designated areas is subject to speed and download restrictions. Wi-Fi is not available in any of the properties. Please note that this a complimentary service subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed. The facility is not subject to any particular security/filtering measures and requires continuous parental supervision when used by children. We reserve the right to disclose your name and address to our internet provider if we discover that you or a member of your party illegally downloaded content from the internet or otherwise engaged in unlawful activity whilst using this facility.
34. The swimming pool will be heated from spring bank holiday weekend and remain heated until early September. Availability of the pool and all other facilities can change and be closed at any time at management discretion if extra cleaning or maintenance is needed during your stay. We operate the pool via a wristband system, so please collect them from reception on check in and return them on check out. All adults need a wristband to enter the pool area. If any wristbands are lost or damaged and need to be replaced, there is a £3 per band charge.
35. Only non-intrusive photography of your own friends and family is permitted on site and particularly in the swimming pool and play areas. You may not carry out photography for commercial purposes, publication or similar purposes.
36. Persons under 18 are not permitted to purchase alcohol from any bar and only drinks and food purchased in the bars and restaurant are allowed to be consumed in the bars and public areas; infringement of this may also lead to expulsion.
37. Bar H and the Lounge bar may be closed for private functions throughout the year.
38. BBQs – In order to minimise the risk of an outbreak of fire there are a number of important measures to remember. BBQs are only permitted outside the Lighthouse Field Chalets, Mirth and Rollers, Sunlight and Moonlight, Surf and Waves and around the Deluxe Bungalows in safe open areas away from trees. We do not allow BBQs anywhere near the Roundhouses as the thatched roofing poses a high fire risk. Where barbecues are permitted, please ensure that they are never left unattended and embers are thoroughly extinguished before being left to cool. Do not empty hot charcoal or ashes into bins – wait until they are cold. BBQs are strictly not permitted on the Dunes or beach at any time. For further information please speak to a member of the team.
39. Cancellation policy. We do have a no refund cancellation policy and ask that you take out adequate holiday insurance to cover your stay with us.